GENERAL DIRECTIONS; from Ieper leave through the Lille Gate and head towards Armentieres (N365), after close to 1km on the right just before the level crossing is the N331 Kemmelseweg, after 5km along this road is a right turn onto Poperingestraat, a further 800 metres along here is a left turn into Kriekstraat, the cemetery is a further 80m on the right. Access and parking are easy, although there is a short grassed path leading to the cemetery.
This small battlefield cemetery was started in March-April 1915 by the 2nd Bn. Suffolk Regiment who gave the cemetery its name. It was used again in November 1917 and once more in October 1918, before it was finally closed. The 1918 burials are mostly men of the 1st/5th Bn. York and Lancaster Regiment, who were killed in the area in April 1918.
The cemetery was once also known as "Cheapside Cemetery" after the road which runs south west nearby.
CASUALTY DETAILS: UK 47; Total burials 47