General Directions: Montbrehain is a village situated in the north-western sector of the Department of the Aisne, 10 kilometres south-west of Bohain on the D28. Calvaire Cemetery is found at the northern most point of the village, on high ground, near to the Civil Cemetery. It is first signposted near the centre of the village, on the D28, close to the church.
The village was taken on the 3rd October, 1918, by three battalions of the Sherwood Foresters of the 46th Division, but it could not be held a the time; it was finally captured by the 21st and 24th Australian Infantry Battalions two days later. Calvaire Cemetery is named from a Crucifix standing near its South-West corner. It contains the graves of soldiers who fell at the end of September or in the first half of October, 1918.
Casualty Details: UK 23, Australia 48, Total Burials: 71