MARCOING BRITISH CEMETERY
General Directions: Marcoing is a village 7 kilometres south-west of Cambrai. Marcoing British Cemetery is 2 kilometres south-east of the village on the road (D15) towards Masnieres.
Marcoing and Masnieres were captured by the 29th Division on the 20th November, 1917, the first day of the Battle of Cambrai. On the 30th November and the 1st December, Masnieres was held by the same Division against repeated attacks, but it was evacuated, under orders, on the night of the 1st-2nd; and Marcoing was left a few days later. Marcoing was retaken on the 28th September, 1918, and Masnieres on the following day, by the 62nd (West Riding) Division. Marcoing British Cemetery was made after the Armistice, by the concentration of graves (almost all of November, 1917 or September-October, 1918) from Rumilly German Cemetery and from the local battlefields.
Casualty Details: UK 285, Canada 34, New Zealand 53, Total Burials: 372